Mission: The mission of the Educated Sports Parent is to provide parents, coaches and league administrators with information about youth sports so they can ensure that their programs are developmentally appropriate and truly serving the needs of the thousands of youth who participate in them. The idea for this site was inspired by our founder’s experience as athletic coordinator, coach, and physical educator, working with students in grades PK3-8th. As athletic coordinator, her eyes were opened up to the inappropriateness of so many “youth” sports programs out there and the need for change in the realm of youth sports, both in the thinking of coaches/administrators and parents. The content on this site comes from personal experience and research, primarily using peer reviewed sources and scholarly texts, to present the most reliable resource possible for parents wanting to know how to make the youth sports experience the best possible for their youngster.
Top Posts & Pages
- When Dad or Mom is the Coach
- The Importance of Parental Involvement in Youth Sports
- Basketball Modifications
- Creating a Mastery-Oriented Environment
- Pros and Cons of Supplementation and Ergogenic Aids
- Welcome Educated Sports Parent!
- About Educated Sports Parent
- Performance-Enhancing Supplements
- Youth Programs for Athletes with Disabilities
- The Coaching Challenge